Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumpkin painting

Yesterday morning the girls and I went over to the track to do some walking. We stayed over there for at least an hour and a half. We had so much fun. I could have gotten a better workout, but any workout is better than none, right? Then while Jessica laid down for her morning nap, Cailyn and I painted some pumpkins. We used watercolors so we could do it many times. I am not the best artist so I needed multiples opportunities to get it right. Cailyn had a really good time. Later in the day Jessica got ahold of one of them and of course licked/sucked all the paint off, leaving her face all black and gross. Luckily it was watercolors and came right off.
So when naptime came around, Jessica and I laid down and Cailyn played instead of sleeping. She then refused to eat dinner and threw a huge fit about it and was put to bed at about 6:45. This is extremely early for Cailyn, but she was asleep by 7:15 so obviously she needed it. I went in to give her a kiss and hug, she was asleep but still made the kissy face to me. What a sweet little girl, fits and all. She didn't wake up until around 7:45 this morning(before Jessica, which is also strange around here). She was much more pleasant this morning. Isn't is amazing what a little(or a lot) sleep will do?
These are today's hairdos:
This is called the butterfly.
Can we say, "Attitude"?

2 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

How fun, I love painting pumkins. You are such a great mom, with a lot of patience. I look up to you because of it. I can't believe you can have enough patience to do their hair everyday...it always turns out so cute!

Jenny and Travis said...

Cute hairdos! You amaze me! And what a fun idea to paint pumpkins! I'm glad you two had a good time. --Jenny