Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A good day

I found it interesting that I made this post about Fall and then immediately after dinner the girls and I went outside to water the yard, and of course play in the water. They both had a great time. I didn't take the camera, sorry. I just have this huge fear that it will get wet and then need replacing. That is the last thing we need right now. So, no pictures.
The latest thing for my girls is to push things around. When inside they get laundry baskets, empty boxes, or computer chairs. Outside they push their jeep and a stroller, switching often. Cailyn is really good about just going to the other when Jess is ready to switch(yeah!!!!!). After I put the water away the girls loved to feel the wet grass on their feet so they started pushing in the grass(luckily the fire ants are not around anymore-or just not attacking). I watched them and suddenly felt overcome with love for them. They were playing so nicely and giggling almost non-stop. I definitely felt a piece of Heaven tonight. I like to believe that Meme was with us enjoying the laughter and fun.
Jessica is learning quickly to stay up close to the house instead of down by the street. She has started turning around without me telling her to(with a few reminders from Cailyn--she is such the little mommy outside). When it became time to come in I had the girls "park" their cars and go to the bathroom for baths. I didn't get ANY protests. I usually get a huge fit from Jessica with the stiffening of her body, clenched fists, and screaming through gritted teeth. But, nothing. I like to believe it is because they are sweet little angels, but maybe it is because we were coming in to take baths, which they LOVE(usually). Either way, I will take it.

Pregnancy update:
I am still tired a lot of the time, but when awake I have a lot of motivation to clean and prepare for out latest Jr. I don't get nauseated anymore, but that has been replaced with heartburn and acid reflux.
I have craved: mexican food, deviled eggs, baked potatoes, pizza, chocolate, and much, MUCH more. However, most of the things on that list inflate my acid reflux so I try not to indulge. It usually depends how much time has gone by since my last attack of acid. When I am affected by the acid then I usually drink a cold glass of milk(this gets rid of it almost instantly for me), but I am lactose intolerant so that only creates other problems. But, the cure for one thing usually causes other symptoms, right? I can handle the latter problems easier.
It is definitely time to wear maternity clothes. This is a little sad for me and then Ithink why fight it, I will be alot more comfortable if I just start wearing them. I have started to walk more like a pregnant woman again and am already losing my lap space for the girls. I would take pictures, but I am NOT one of those cute little pregnant women like so many of you so I will spare myself the embarrassment and you the trauma. I am starting to exercise more though for sake of having the energy I need when the baby comes. If I laze around from now until then, I will need help just getting into the bed.
We have our next doctor's appointment on the 14th. I can hardly wait. We find out the gender of the baby then. THEN, the name will soon follow(and with that enormous bonding) and the final preparations. I am so excited. Cailyn tells me she wants a little brother because Jenna has a little brother. Well, I am kind of hoping she gets her wish, and then sometimes I think it would be a lot cheaper if we had another girl. However, if we have another girl then the chances of another little Holloway after that is almost gauranteed so then I guess it wouldn't be cheaper. Anyway, all I am saying is that I am anxious to find out what we are having. (Jason would say, "I think we are having a baby." To which I think, "thanks for pointing out the obvious")
I will keep everyone posted about the progress. Everytime I get onto my blog I see our baby tracker and think, "Oh goodness, we only have that many days left until the baby comes." It seems so close, and I am a bit nervous to be a mother of 3. I know it will all turn out alright, it just makes me a little scared. That's natural, right?

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so glad you had a good day! I was thinking of you...tried to call, in fact! :) I hope things are going well--lets chat tomorrow!!

Lacy said...

oohh, I love the orange flowers. and, yes...very natural.

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff!! I'm also excited to find out!! You will be a great mom to 3, but I do agree that it's probably totally natural.
Can't wait until Saturday :)
Sadie

Brittnee said...

I would love for fall to come too! It's been awfully hot here in Boise! I'm glad you are feeling quite a bit better in the pregnancy and I can't wait to hear what you are having. I'm bummed that you can't come to the wedding because I really wanted to see you, but I understand the need to do what you can. Hopefully we can find our way to Texas this spring.

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Hey, I haven't been ignoring you. Your profile is blocked, so I had to think outside the box and look on Kyle's blog to find yours. Anyways, I have had great intentions on getting back with all your comments, but bloggin' hasn't been on my to do's. I'll get back in the game soon! I use some hair products only sometimes. (Fructis Style, CURL SCULPTING and BOLD IT) The biggest trick for me is doing the brades when her hair is mostly wet. It is actually hard for me to do it dry. I had to braid my hair like this to get my softball helmet to fit, so I had a lot of practice on my own hair.