Friday, October 3, 2008

Play date



This morning I made a play date for the girls to go to lunch and the spray park in Weatherford, but at the last minute they canceled. I couldn't very well not go because I had already talked to Cailyn about it, so we went alone with the hopes that we could find someone to play with. While driving there I received a call from the Bells, some of our friends in the Weatherford Ward. Hooray!!!! They met us for lunch and we stayed a long time. It was so nice to sit and talk to Tonia and let Jessica, Cailyn and Maddie play. They had so much fun, but they couldn't have had a better time than I did. I love you Tonia and miss you terribly!

Even though Jessica refused to nap this morning, we headed over to the spray park. After all Cailyn wasn't going to let us forget. There was one family there when we got there, but they were dressing to leave as we were dressing to play. The girls weren't that interested in the water, but just being around it and watching it was somehow entertainment enough.


Just as Jessica knelt down at that water hole it sprayed her in the face. She was some kind of mad. The second picture is her attitude as she walked away.

And of course swings are a must.

Cailyn was obsessed with catching this butterfly. She actually caught it twice but it started wiggling and she let go.

It became apparent that it was time to leave when 2 different teenage couples showed up and started making out. If it had just been kissing we probably could have ignored it, but it was quite a bit more(When did common courtesy/decency go out the window?). Jessica was tired anyway so we loaded up and left.
Overall it was a very nice day. It probably would have been better if we hadn't gone to the spray park, but oh well. Next time I will surprise Cailyn instead of letting her know the plan. That way I can adjust it without repercussions.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay, really...swimsuits in October? That just doesn't LOOK right! :) jk.,...really I am just jealous.

Okay, off to turn on my heater!

Nampa Gropp Gang said...

It's been so long since we've seen you it hardly seems possible that you could have 2 children!! They are beautiful!! Hope to see you soon! And I love blogs...makes me feel like I know you again!!