Thursday, February 5, 2009

A busy day

Three big points today:
#1 We had some of our plumbing problems fixed. After the kitchen flooded the other day, leaving me in frustrated tears, I called the plumber and set an appointment. One of the decisions I had to make was whether or not to take out the garbage disposal. The plumber asked if I would mind it being moved to the other side and I asked if he would just remove it. He said, "Sure, but these things are my job security." If I had any doubts of removing it, they were instantly gone. Here it is, ready to be taken or sold.

This is how we were washing dishes before the plumber came today:
This is how we can now:


It felt so good to fill the sink with water and have so much room to add dishes to it. I was so excited about it that I did the dishes before dinner even though I only had a few to do. It was almost like opening a new toy and playing with it for the first time. I can even wash clothes without having to stop if 15 times during the draining/spinning cycles. HOORAY!

#2 I had a doctor appointment today. I am dilated to a 1 now and am effaced 10-15%. He doubts I will go into labor this week, but anything is possible. The baby and I are still textbook when it comes to measurements(we won't discuss weight of mommy at this point--except to say that I was not as successful in keeping the weight off this week).
#3 Tonight a sister I visit teach threw me a baby shower. There were many sisters in the Branch there and David is set when it comes to clothes. It was really nice to be there and spend time with so many wonderful ladies. Thank you to all who came. We appreciate everything you continually do for us. Angie and Jeanine--We love you and thank you for helping us get ready for "Our Little Prince."
As I was leaving, the girls and Jason were making cookies. They made some DELICIOUS cookies and had a great time doing so. Thank you Jason for keeping the girls for me. I love you!

This is probably too much information, but I just want to go up and kiss his neck when he stand like that. He is so kissable!


Blessing for February 5, 2009:
Clean pipes and plumbers who don't feel the need to rip me off.

2 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

I'm so glad you were able to get some things fixed around the house--what a time saver these will be! And I'm happy you had a good time at your baby shower, and that you're now set with boy clothes. =) I can't believe little David is coming in only 3 weeks! --Jenny

On Our List said...

TMI, TMI, just kidding. I am glad you are now able to use your sink again. :)