Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Toys and static!

We had a really fun day. This morning we made it to Story Time at the Library, where the girls made some valentines. [side note: The story time leader asked me if I was due sometime in April. This made me feel pretty good. I guess I don't look as big as I feel. And I guess I hide how tired and uncomfortable I am pretty well too--SOMETIMES!] It is always fun to see Cailyn get excited to show her Dad the things she made. He does a really good job of making it into something special.
Blessing for February 11, 2009: A wonderful husband, who just happens to be a fabulous father as well!

After naps(I got one today! Hallelujah!) we decided to get away. Well, in this town that means to Walmart. We didn't go to buy anything(that would require $$$$). We just went to play. Yes, I am that pathetic mom who takes their kids to Walmart to play with their toys. The girls love it. They always like to go to the seasonal aisles and then we head on over to the toy section. We went at a time when most everyone else is getting ready to pick up kids from school so it wasn't busy. Therefore, I let them spread out all over the aisle. It is so fun to watch them. I decided to take some pictures, I hope you enjoy them.


These precious girls are amazingly good at putting everything back and not throwing a fit about it. I love them to pieces.


Jessica had lots of Oohs and Ahhs for this one.


Cailyn seemed to go straight for the dinosaurs(a girl after Jason's heart I think).




This is her, "Mom just take the picture so I can get back to playing" face.



Jessica was just overwhelmed by all the toys out.



Cailyn does like to have order.



I tried to get Jessica to do this too, but she would have nothing to do with it. Later, Cailyn told me that it kept going up her nose. Gross, how many different kids have done this?


Later this evening when I needed to make dinner(Jessica has a hard time being patient when she sees it is being made) I sent Jason outside to the trampoline with the girls and the camera. Well done Jason! The girls enjoyed themselves almost the entire time, and dinner was made faster and with less frustration. Thanks Babe!

























I tell you what, sometimes I just want to squeeze these kids for hours. Don't lie, I know you do too because they are so darn cute.



Here is my sweet man playing on the tramp. He is so fun to have around!




I am not sure where Cailyn learned this, but it cracks me up how she gets her footed pajamas on. It reminds me of getting into a sleeping bag. Soooooo cute!


2 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day! I loved the b&w picture of Jason, and of course all of the cute pictures of the girls (who I WOULD love to squeeze too because they ARE so cute and adorable)! What a great idea to let them play at Walmart--and cute cute Jess with the big teddy bear! The video of Cailyn made me giggle...a lot--thanks for that--what a smart girl and a cool way of putting on PJs! This post made me wish I could be there with you guys so bad! --Jenny

Cassie and Mark said...

We sometimes go to Walmart just to get out of the house too! Gavin loves to line the dinosaurs up in the aisle too.