Sunday, February 1, 2009

Visit from the Gropps

Cory, Andrea, and sweet little Emma came over this weekend. It was so nice to have them here. We went to the Chili Cook-off, then came home and just talked. We love having people come over, it just doesn't happen that often. We all got up to go to church, but Cailyn is a bit under the weather so only Jessica and I stayed for all the meetings. Jessica ended up falling asleep in nursery so she didn't nap when we got home(Jason actually got up from his nap to let me get one--I will never be able to repay him for all the naps he lets me have). That was a bit frustrating, but when everyone else woke up from naps we made some pizza(Papa Murphy's) and watched a movie.
We hope that you guys come back(even with the mishaps) to visit because we loved having you here. We might even get a more comfortable bed for you to sleep on.
I want to say thank you to Cory(and Jason) for returning the tables to Weatherford. The person who picked them up for us ended up not attending the party because he and his family were sick, so there was no one to take the tables back for us. So, Jason took the seats out of our van, loaded up the tables, and took them back to the other building. A BIG, BIG thank you guys for doing that for me. Will there ever be a Branch party without glitches?

Blessing for February 1, 2009: Family that are also friends!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

i love how youre counting your blessings...really great

Rachel Holloway said...

I love visitors too!! SO MUCH fun! Glad you had a fun weekend--naps included.

Jenny and Travis said...

Mindi--
I recently re-taught myself how to knit, and it's so much easier than I realized! Next time we see you, I'd love to teach you how! Glad you guys had a good weekend! --Jenny