Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A quick update

I cannot believe that it has been 4 days since I have posted. I feel like I have gotten a lot done in preparation for David's arrival, so I guess that has taken the place of blogging.

Some of the things that have been accomplished in the past several days:
* I have our guest room ready for people to come stay. So come on over and spend a few days, we have a place for you to sleep.
* I have the bags packed for a speedy getaway to the hospital. Yes, bags. One for the girls to go stay at a family's house from the Branch if needed, and one for me and Jason at the hospital.
* We are repairing our old computer for the girls to use and will be picking that up in the next few days.
* We have rearranged the food in our kitchen cabinets to designate a place for food storage. We now know exactly what and how much we have and can continue to collect more efficiently.
* Jason is in the process of shipping his motorcycle after the sale. It will leave in the next couple of days.

What we have left to do:
* Bring in the cradle and set it up for David. This one is a big one. You would think that we already should have had it done, but you know how that goes. It is now to the point that I cannot carry it in myself, so Jason will have to do this one. AND, the bedding for it is pink and white stripes. Please share you ideas on how we can still use it, but disguise the pink.
* Bring in the computer desk for the girls computer that is going to be picked up soon.
* Choose an outfit for David to come home in. I always struggle with this one. I am not very good at guessing how small it should be.
* Put together a gift from David to his sisters. I think this will be fun to see when it happens.


News about the pregnancy right now:
As of last Thursday I was dilated 1+ and effaced 10-15%, hardly any contractions and very little swelling, if any. Well, in the past 3-4 days I have been swelling in my ankles every night and even some in my fingers. I have had extreme back pain after any kind of house work(but mostly dishes). I have been up most of the night with contractions leaving me with a sore back in the morning. We go to the doctor today and will find out how much progress we have made in the past 7-8 days. I am anxious to end the pregnancy, but nervous to take care of him. I fear how hard it is going to be with 3 kids, yet excited to see the girls with him. I wonder if he will favor the Gropps or if he will look more like the Holloways. We will know pretty soon. Isn't it funny how long a week can feel when you are anxiously awaiting something? Holy Cow, is it really just a week away?

Other news:
I have new glasses. I needed a new prescription since it has been about 10 years. I wanted to be able to see things in the hospital without having to put in my contacts. When I get a chance, I will take pictures and share them with you. I am not very good at self photos.

My parental tip of the day:
Styrofoam cups are not good for little kids. Somehow they manage to push the straw through the cup and end up sitting in the liquid. Not pleasant.

Blessing for February 18, 2009: A loving father who is becoming, if not already, one of my best friends. I love you, Dad!

4 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow you have been busy. And it sounds like your body is getting closer for that baby boy to come!! And 3 isn't that bad, especially because your others will be such a big help to you...getting diapers, burp clothes, etc. Good luck with everything!!!

Yeargains said...

Wow....not much longer kiddo. I love the name David. That is my brothers name. You will be surprise how easy the third one is. TJ was my third and thank goodness he was great! (with Ted ya know) Now I have five...of course didn't give birth to the last two but wouldn't change a thing. We love you and are thinking about you! Love Lisa

Waco Gropp said...

Well it is going to be interesting for you to discover the really big difference between little girls and little boys. I love you too, your mother did a very good job with you and your siblings. Is tomorrow going to be the last birthday for you, the rest will be anniversaries of the day?

Cassie and Mark said...

Happy birthday Mindi! I hope you had a great day!