Thursday, August 28, 2008

My cup overfloweth

Cailyn told me tonight that she wanted to watch the movie, Charly. I agree, knowing that she wouldn't make it through the entire thing. I have always been one of those girls that watched cry movies. I have never really needed to watch them with someone, I just like them. Those times have changed though for obvious reasons(I guess I don't need help to start the flood anymore). I particularly can't watch Charly because of the cicumstances of her death, the beginning is fine though. Part of me is excited that Cailyn will watch "girly" movies with me(Jason detests them). So, Jason headed out with the Missionaries tonight, Jessica was ready for bed, and Cailyn and I sat down to watch our "chick flick". She got her blanket and we sat cuddled together on the futon. As it is with all movies and Cailyn, we discussed the reasoning behind each scene and the decisions of the characters(including Charly's immodest clothing at the beginning, of course).
Then all of a sudden I was hit with this enormous feeling of love for my beautiful daughter. I felt as though my heart couldn't hold all this emotion. Then I started thinking of the love that our Father in Heaven has for each of us and was istantly humbled. It is so easy to distract ourselves with everyday life and responsibilities that we forget who we are and where we can turn for unconditional and unending love. I can't even fathom the heartache He felt as He put His Only Begotten through so much pain and anguish. Even though He knew that was the only way, it must have been so utterly painful. And all of that was for me and you. The love that has been shown us through that one event is unmeasureable, yet many times I think it gets overlooked or diminished somehow. I pray that I can show my Heavenly Father and my Savior my love for them through my life's actions. That I can be the kind of parent that my children deserve and that His image is shown in my countenance. I know that my Redeemer Lives and loves me to the end. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

4 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

As youknow I too love girly movies. Lucky for me Ryan will occasionally humor me and watch a girly movie with me.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. It helps me to hear of friends different spiritual experiences and enlightenments. I love you very much and feel blessed to call you my friend.

Love ya,
Heather

On Our List said...

That was beautiful!!! Your daughter is lucky to have you as a mom.

BTW, the actor who plays Sam in that movie is my backyard neighbor. He just moved in the ward and all I do when I see him is picture the scene in Charly where he threw the paint on the wall and says, You can't give up." Its pretty funny. He was also the guy in Testaments who I always thought was hot so when he moved in the ward, He came up to introduce himself and all I could think was you are the hot guy from the Testaments. He kept asking me my name and I couldn't give it to him. I acted like a giggly teenager who just met a High School Musical star. It was pathetic and I know he thought I was crazy. Now I just picture him as Sam and I can remember my name. :)

Christine said...

Eric was excited when he saw your comment. It was fun to reconnect with you and your family. Sounds like things are going well. 2 boys for us-2 girls for you

Steven & Adrienne said...

Thank you so much for your testimony. I really needed it today. I really appreciate how everytime I read your blogs I am uplifted..thank you.

And I know I am glad Emily will watch chic flicks with me, because Steve won't watch them either. You are a great mom by the way!