Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stomach bug and a little venting

We have had a rough couple of days. This whole week Jessica has been sick. She wasn't eating, that was our first sign(she is usually our human garbage disposal), but the second sign was more obvious. She started throwing up in the middle of the night.

Because I married such a wonderful man, he got up to take care of it. He even washed the linens and clothes that were infected before he came back to bed. I LOVE YOU JASON! I owe you big time!

When Jessica finally got over that, she had to go to the doctor for her 1-year shots. I know, I know, she is late, but better late than never. However, for those of you who don't know, the 1-year shots include 5 different pricks. She was MAD! Now, she is suffering from the effects of that. She is back to not eating and throwing up + Cailyn has decided to join her. So, last night around 1:30 Jessica throws up in her bed. As soon as we take care of that, Cailyn comes in to tell me that she doesn't feel well, and throws up all over my bed, the carpet, and the bathroom. So, we go to work cleaning. Finally we get the girls back to bed and we crawl into an unmade bed with blankets. Jason gets up about 3-hours later to go to his Branch presidency meeting asking me on the way out, "are you coming to church today?" ME:" I don't know, call me in-between your meetings and I will let you know." So, about 2 hours later Jason calls and the girls and I are already getting dressed. Yeah for us, we made it to Church.
Reasons I felt we HAD to go:
#1 I was asked to play the keyboard for Sacrament meeting
#2 I wasn't sure Cailyn's teacher would be there and I had prepared a lesson.
#3 Cailyn was asked to share a scripture and she worked hard all week to memorize it.
#4 I had an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency for my temple recommend
#5 I had an Activities Committee meeting planned(the first one)

So, we go. I played the keyboard without any mishaps :) and we headed to Primary. I walk up with Cailyn to help her. We had worked all week on her using a loud voice(NO Microphone) so everyone can hear her. Well, she started using a loud voice and the kids started laughing at her. Of course she stops and looks at me. I tell her to start again using a normal voice, but she was practically whispering. The kids giggled every time she started until I looked up at them and gave them my best 'Death Look'(I had to because the Primary Presidency didn't do anything). No one could hear her, but me who was standing so close to her that our cheeks were practically touching. But, she did it(laughing kids and all) and I am proud of her.
I was so mad that I was fighting to keep my tears from falling. She had worked so hard and a bunch of rude kids prevented her from doing her best. As soon as I could I picked up my bags and left the primary room in search of Jason. Luckily he was right outside the door and I knelt by him and told him, but I couldn't keep the tears from flowing hard. I struggled to keep the sobs quiet. He and I knew I needed to leave, so he helped me get Jessica packed up and I left, fuming. Why did I let something like that get to me? I try really hard to not be easily offended, but I am still angry about it now, after 2(yes 2) naps.
I did go back for my interview and my meeting. It ended up a very productive day, but I guess I can't always put on a 'happy face' for Church.

So, to end on a happier note, here is a little video of Cailyn saying the scripture she memorized. I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Way cute video! I thought she did an awesome job. Kids can be so harsh sometimes...how sad that no one stepped in and asked the kids to stop laughing. I am sorry that happened to you. But I think she did a wonderful job.

Cassie and Mark said...

It is so hard to not feel hurt or offended when someone you love so much is teased or hurt. Gavin got his feelings hurt for the first time a few days ago because some girls wouldn't play with him and I felt so bad. Thank you for sharing the video! Cailyn did a wonderful job!

Rachel Holloway said...

I am SOOO with you Mindi. I get WAY worked up over that kind of stuff. Kids being KIDS really brings out the immature side in me. I just want to shake the heck out of them and make them SEE how rude they are. Sounds really adult, doesn't it??

For the record, i think Cailyn did a MERVELOUS job! So cute and perfect.

Jenny and Travis said...

Poor Jessica, and poor Cailyn! I can't believe the primary presidency didn't say anything! Trav and I think you should have punched them all in the face (not really, but we sure would have felt like it!). Cailyn did a MARVELOUS job! The video was so cute that I had to watch it twice--sooo precious! It's too bad that kids can be like that--and they are sometimes--but I'm so proud of Cailyn too for sticking it out and finishing her scripture. She is such a smart, talented girl! Love, Jenny