Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Definition of Family

Many times I have wondered how I could define Family. As I have tried to do so I always find that the English language is not vast enough(or I just don't know the right combination of words) to do it justice. However, I do know what it means to me and how important it is in order to feel true joy in this life. I don't think that I understood that until I was a wife and mother. I am truly blessed to be a woman and be so close to everyone in my family.

Family to me is. . .


*being excited to wake up and see smiling faces ready to play


*a tight squeeze at the end of the day


*someone to hold my hand for no reason at all


*someone to cry with me, or let me cry while they hold me


*having a reason to get ready for the day


*a listening ear when I need to talk through a problem or decision


*having someone see the potential in me when I can't


*laughing with each other until our sides ache and our eyes are wet


*inside jokes


*understanding each other without saying a word



I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my beautiful family and all those friends who have become my family through the years. I would not have made it through many of my trials or be who I am without you. Thank you for being my family, I love you!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Look at your cute blog! Did you find that through a link on my blog?? Looks like one of the blog makeover links I put tried to pass along. SOOO cute! Impressed with your new makeover!

Mindi! We are SO glad to be in your "family"--as distant as it may be. :) I love you so much! I am so grateful to you for your example, your friendship, your laughter...2 hour long phone calls at least once a week...singing....playing musical catch phrase (and losing). :)All those things. I wish so badly we all lived closer and could hang out all the time. Thanks for your beautiful words and reminder of what family is. You mean so much to me!!

jmholloway said...

Yes, I found that from a link on your blog. It is now on my blog. It was so totally easy for someone who is computer illiterate and not creative. I appreciate you sharing that kind of stuff.

Mindi :)