Friday, March 21, 2008

Lucky or Blessed?

The girls and I had the opportunity to travel to Stephenville(a neighboring town) to meet my parents for lunch today. On the ride home I started thinking about luck. I know that it is real, however, I think that more often than not, it isn't luck at all. It is a blessing. I fear that I, along with a great deal of other people, don't give our Heavenly Father the gratitude he deserves for our 'luck'.
I don't think that I was 'lucky'. . .
*to have been reared in a home with both parents who showed love to everyone around them regularly, I am blessed!
*to have the Gospel, and therefore the Priesthood, in my home growing up(and now), I am blessed!
*to have a loving husband, who just happens to be very attractive, I am blessed!
*to have two healthy, beautiful daughters(not to mention uncomplicated deliveries), I am blessed!
* to have a roof over my head, food on my table everyday, and clean clothes on my back. I am blessed!
*to have a good relationship with my siblings and family-in-law. I am blessed!
*to live in a free country that I can worship how I please, I am blessed!
And countless other blessing in my life that are unfortunately too often disguised as lucky, instead of blessings. Which they are!
I pray that we can all give thanks to our loving Heavenly Father who is constantly demonstrating His love for us.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

And I am lucky AND blessed to have a sister-in-law like you! can't WAIT for our girl's weekend!