Friday, March 7, 2008

Just Do It!

When it comes to weight loss you really have to take the Nike slogan and 'Just Do It.' A lack of motivation is hard to fight, but when you just start and begin to see results your motivation appears. I am here to say that my motivation is knocking on the door. I wouldn't say that it as officially arrived, but I can hear it knocking. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that Jason has decided to help me. Way to go Jason. He told me that it was inspiration this morning. I really think that he was told by Heavenly Father to help me. But whatever the reason he is here to help. We are doing "hard core" (Jason's terminology) diet and work outs this week to see how much we can lose, and then make a plan from there. I was sent to the store for a scale. I have it purchased but am afraid to stand on it. I realize that it can help me to reach my goal and continue making new ones, but it is still something that I am dreading.





Here are some of the things that really help me to keep going and find success.

You should always have water near.


A good sturdy pair of shoes is necessary.

Weights help to build muscle.

An exercise ball makes workouts more interesting, and challenging.

AND, if you have kids then a good running stroller comes in handy. Thanks Dad, we love it!

5 comments:

On Our List said...

You can do it, I know you can. My tip is "that by small and simple things, great things come to pass. " Just do little things here and there and before you know it, you will be at your goal. It has taken me about 13 months to get where I am at. But it was just simple things like drinking more water and only having one cookie instead of 4 that made the diffence to help me lose the weight. I know you can and will do it.

Love,
Sharon

P.S. Just so you know the scale doesn't show a number I like to see, but my pants size does so don't be too hard on yourself...just step on the scale because you need a starting point...then take those girls for a walk in that cute stroller Jason gave you. Love ya lots!!!

jmholloway said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sharon. I appreciate it. We do love the stroller. My Dad actually gave it to me. I love using it. I think that I will be able to go on more walks and jogs with the girls now.

Thanks again,

Mindi :)

Jenny and Travis said...

Way to go you guys! It sounds like you have a good plan figured out. Kinda like your friend Sharon said, (to me) its not what the scale says that matters but how you feel (and how you feel about yourself). When it comes down to it, I don't care how much I weigh as long as I feel like I'm in shape and that I'm attractive. I know you can do this new plan! Hopefully we'll get one started here soon too!

Moore Fun Stories said...

You go girl. Good luck with with your goal. It's nice to have someone supporting you. You guys got alot of snow the other day.

Steven & Adrienne said...

So I thought I would let you know I started blogging http://stevenadriennejensen.blogspot.com/ . Also, you should get a group together and do the biggest loser competition. That is what 10 of us here are doing. We started Jan. 1 and end April 1. The winner of the men's division, and winner of the women's division receives $500 each!!! We have weekly reports of how much we weigh..it has been fun and I have lost a few pounds and because of that I am more energized! Good luck with the weight loss...

Love,
Adrienne