Monday, March 3, 2008

Texas Weather!

Yesterday was in the upper 70s-lower 80s, today it is in the 40s. I find it interesting that you really can't tell what is going to happen with the weather here.

You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day yesterday. Sunny, warm, gorgeous. Then, last night we got hit really hard with a thunder storm. If you have never experienced a Texas thunder storm, too bad, because they are very exciting.

Jason was woken up by the lightning, and I was by the thunder that rattled our windows. Cailyn told me this morning, "the thunder was saying hello to me and Jessica last night."

We told Cailyn (last year I guess) that the thunder just has a loud voice and wants to say hello. That seemed to calm her. So now that is how she stays calm during the storms. I guess it worked because she heard it last night and it woke her up, but she didn't cry or come in to us in the middle of the night. I am glad that we found a way to help her calm her fears.

1 comment:

Bennett Fam said...

Good idea! I'll have to remeber that next time it thunders. Ethan is very clingy during thunder storms.