Monday, March 3, 2008

Gum

Occasionally we give Cailyn some gum. She is really pretty good with it. She almost never swallows it and has never left it on the carpet/couch. However, yesterday we got to experience gum in her hair. I will apologize right now for not taking any pictures. I am not so good at taking pictures of those moments.

Well, when we picked Cailyn up from Primary we didn't notice it right away. We had a meeting after church and while we were waiting, Jason saw it. He thought that we should just cut it out, but I thought we should at least try the peanut butter idea first. Luckily it worked and we didn't have to cut it. It wasn't super close to her scalp, so we could have cut it and have it turn out alright, but I didn't really want to.

She loves gum, so we are just going to have to make some new rules. That is always hard, but in this case I think it is completely worth it.

*****The amazing thing is that I wasn't mad at all. I wasn't looking forward to getting it out of her hair, but I wasn't mad. Those of you who know me well, can probably see the miracle in that one too.

2 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

Oh! I'm glad you did the peanut butter. It has always worked for us. Madalyn has gotten gum in her hair several times. Ice is another thing you can use. It makes it hard and then it kinda flakes off the hair.

Cassie and Mark said...

I am so glad you didn't have to cut Cailyn's hair! It's so pretty. I love your new background too. Jessica has an adorable little giggle. Thanks for sharing it!