Thursday, March 6, 2008

Winter is late!

Yesterday was so gorgeous. It was in the upper 60s and sunny. Almost no breeze to speak of and so peaceful. The girls and I went out to play in the sunshine. We used our sidewalk chalk to practice our art. I really thought that today would be the same.

This morning I got up early and went to the track to run. It was a normal day, kind of cool, but warming each minute. It was beautiful. Around 10 am it started snowing. Nothing big, just a regular Texas snow. It melted the minute it hit the ground and just left everything wet. Then at around noon it really started coming down. The flakes turned into chunks and the wind was blowing so hard that the chunks were falling almost horizontally. The roads were slushy, not icy like a normal Texas winter(we had to make a diaper run, or we probably wouldn't have gone out). Of course, the school closed early and much to our surprise, so did the bank. Jason was able to come home early today. What an exciting day. I guess as soon as the girls get up from naps we will go play in the snow.
This is some of our work from yesterday that is currently being washed away with the melting snow.
This is after the big snowfall. Our bushes aren't strong enough to hold the snow.
Hurry and wake up Cailyn so we can go play in the snow.

4 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

That looks like fun! I wish we were getting some of that snow down this way. Instead it is just wet and very cold. I would prefer the beauty of the snow anyday.
love ya,
Heather

Bennett Fam said...

I really like your new layout for your blog. Very cute!!

On Our List said...

Wow!!! Yall got a lot of snow for Texas. Thanks for all your comments. It has been a long time since I have seen you. Whenever I go visit my parents in Texas, I will let you know and we can get together or if you ever come my way let me know. I love ya and miss ya too.

Love,
Sharon

P.S. Don't worry about the blog layout problem...I think I just had too much stuff for it to work. I do like your new layout. It is awesome. If you didn't have it and I wasn't so retarded with computers it might be my layout too. :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Holy Bajoly! That is A CRAZY amount of snow! Hope you guys got to enjoy it--I would be happy to fed-ex you some more if you would like. GO AWAY SNOW!