Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weight Loss Update

After extremely 'hard core' dieting and exercise this week, I am happy to report that I have lost somewhere between 5 and 8 pounds this week. It really depends on the time of day I weigh myself on how much I have lost. I will go with the smallest number to be realistic, but at least I know that I can do it.
I believe the plan from here on out is that we will be doing 'hard core' dieting during the week and relax a little on the weekends(withing reason). Our exercise will progressively get more intense, no relaxing(except Sundays of course).
My motivation is alive and active now. I am really excited about my new outlook on food. I don't have to deprive myself of anything really, just be extremely cautious of how much I eat and definitely use all the calories I consume and then some. I guess I always thought that if I was going to diet that I would have to miss out on all the yummy food I was used to and always have hunger pangs. That is absolutely not true. I just have to learn to manage it(like everything else).
Let me just say, "Thank you Jason for your loving support and motivation to get healthier and in shape!"

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

YEAH!!! CONGRATS! I am so happy for you. You look beautiful always, but if you FEEL better about yourself you will be DYNAMITE! (okay...really that word should only be used on cheesy Valentines Day cards and when referring to blowing things up, but hey--it's what came to my mind)

CONGRATS!! Keep up the good work!

On Our List said...

Excellent!!!! Way to go Mindi!!!! I am so proud of you. I love your outlook on food. It is realistic and its what worked for me too. You can have all the yummy food... you just have to watch how much and if you do each too much then go for a walk and burn it off. Keep it up and before you know it, you will be were you want to be.

Love ya,
Sharon

Julie Gropp said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! Keep at it and I know you will meet your goal!

Bennett Fam said...

Way to go Mindi!! That is really great. I know you will succecced in making your goals.I need your motivation. Good Luck!

Jenny and Travis said...

Way to go Mindi! That's awesome! I love your realistic approach. As Travis says, losing weight is a simple math problem..and you've figured it out! I know you can do it!

landstromline said...

Wahoo! Way to go! You have such great determination. You need to jump into my brain and be my brains guide. I guess I love you less now since you are 5 lbs less to love. But hey heavy price for my love eah? Congrats you little buttercup.

Cassie and Mark said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I would love to see pictures when you're comfortable sharing some. If not, we'll just have to figure out a plan for a girl's weekend!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Great JOB!!! I wish I could lose that much in one week!! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off in the end!!