Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

Saturday:


We had a Primary Easter Egg Hunt at Sheryl and Jason's house. It is ideal for a large egg hunt. They have a huge yard and own the lot next to them. The entire neighborhood got involved though. Their next door neighbor provided the hot dogs(he even grilled them for us) and we used the houses across the street for the little kids to hunt(it is safer to keep them separate from the big kids). We blocked off the road so we wouldn't have traffic issues. It was a blast. There were tons of eggs, the weather was perfect, and many people to share in the fun. We appreciate Sheryl and her family for putting together a fun party.

Cailyn obviously did a great job finding eggs, her basket it full. Such a little scavenger!
Jessica had a good time out in the sunshine that day also. She loves to just watch other children, so she was in Jessica Heaven!


Sunday:

Jason did not have meetings in the morning so I recruited him for help in the kitchen. I was rolling out the rolls and he made some muffins for breakfast. We had a friend riding with us to church and he came over for breakfast. There was a mishap with the recipe and they didn't exactly turn out, so we all ate 'not quite perfect' muffins. They filled our tummies enough to last through church, so they did the job. After church we headed to the Bishop's office for Cailyn to pass off her first Article of Faith(and then retrieve some candy, of course). She did a fabulous job. Once again, we are so proud! Then we piled into the van to eat at the Smiley's house for dinner. This couple is the only other couple in the Ward that doesn't have family within 20 miles of them. So, naturally, we bonded instantly. They kindly invited us to dinner and it was delicious. She made this amazing Lemon-Herb Chicken, with baked potatoes, steamed veggies, salad, and a gorgeous berry cake. All from scratch. I am impressed. We brought rolls and a pie. When all was said and done, we had been gone from our house for 10 hours straight. Jessica had only slept a little over an hour collectively all day and was more than cranky, and Cailyn was having a hard time eating her veggies, but over all it was a perfect Easter. I am sorry to report we didn't get many pictures, but this is what we did get.
It was Jessica's first Easter. Isn't she adorable?

HAPPY EASTER!

9 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Mindi! You are looking awesome! I may just need to start up that diet... :)You really look amazing!

On Our List said...

What a good idea to have a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. I will have to talk to my neighbors about doing one next year. I love your new layout. It was the one I was going to use until I saw that you used it...so I stole your old one because I loved it so much. Hope you don't mind.

Love ya,
Sharon

P.S. I love your family picture. So cute!!!

Bennett Fam said...

Ditto!! You do look awesome! The girls look so cute in their Easter Dresses.

Heather =)

On Our List said...

Mindi,
You can steal my jelly bean trail idea...I mean I did steal you blog layout!!!

Love,
Sharon

On Our List said...

Mindi,
I noticed you posted that you have lost 10 lbs. AWESOME!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!!

Love,
Sharon

p.s. I love the new layout...what happen to the last one?

jmholloway said...

I really liked this one more, but wanted to ask Jason his opinion. I was surprised to hear that he liked it too. So, I changed it. I will probably change often. It is easier than rearranging my house.

Mindi

Jenny and Travis said...

Yes, Jessica looks super cute in her Easter dress, and Cailyn does too! That looked like a really nice family picture of y'all--I was disappointed that I couldn't blow it up and look at it closer! I just have to tell you how much we LOVE watching the video of Cailyn reciting the first article of faith...SO CUTE!!! You've got a smart little cookie there! We are so proud of our little neices and nephews, and love them like crazy! --Jenny

Steven & Adrienne said...

Cute pictures! And what a fun easter egg hunt! Way to go on the 10 lbs.

landstromline said...

I love bing included on you blog! You are so much fun. Your little girls looked so cute on Sunday! What a bright family you have. You just have a spirit that surrounds you all. Thanks for all you did for the hunt. The neighbors had a blast being involved. They want to see more people next year! Love you guys! Sheryl