Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clothes, blessings, and amputation

Yesterday I decided to go through the girls' clothes and make sure that everything in their drawers fits them(just one project to complete before David's arrival). This is a BIG project and I started it WAY TOO LATE! But, it is done now . However, when I was putting Jessica's clothes in a bag to be sent to her cousin, Emma, my eyes starting filling with tears. I know that I am just pregnant and emotional, but it was sad to see some of my favorite clothes leave our house not to be worn by one of my children again. I am not saying that I am disappointed that we are having a boy, just that I remember Cailyn wearing some of those clothes and they looked just as cute on Jessica. I know that Emma will do them justice, but it is still sad to me.
Now I can't put this post on here without mentioning my sister, Lynnae, because MOST of the clothes that my girls wear came from her daughter, Becca. I remember getting bags of clothes from my cousins growing up and being so excited to see what they had sent. It was always fun. So, we want to shout out a big, "THANK YOU, LYNNAE! WE LOVE YOU!"

Today's blessing: My sister who is so giving. It truly does help us more than you will ever know!

OK so I have to tell you what is happening as I write this. Daddy is playing and giggling with the girls and I don't know why, but Cailyn is being taught the meaning of amputation. As she is learning this new word, this is how the conversation is going:

Cailyn: (with tape on her finger) I hurt my finger, Daddy.
Daddy: Do you want me to amputate it?
Cailyn: No, it will get better.
Daddy: Can I amputate THIS one(pointing to a different finger)?
Cailyn: No
Daddy: Can I amputate THIS finger(pointing to a another one)
Cailyn: No
Daddy: Can I amputate Jessica's finger?
Cailyn: Yes

hehehe I guess Jessica's finger doesn't mean as much to Cailyn as her own fingers. Jessica might have protested if she knew what was going on!

2 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

What a funny conversation! Jason's questions reminded me of Travis--because whenever I tell him that someone else has done something rude or frustrating to me, he always asks "Did you punch them in the face?" which is just funny because obviously neither of us would ever actually punch someone. Yea for sisters--and sister-in-laws! =) --Jenny

Kathryn Cooper said...

hahaha that is so funny about the fingers. I agree with the clothing. With Tyson, I would get so sad every time I packed away a size of clothing to wait for the next boy to come around and wear them. I would just realize that Tyson's getting more and more grown up and independent. Happy and sad at the same time.