Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Date night

Last night Jason and I went on an official date. You know, the kind without children. I can't even remember the last time that has happened(or maybe I do, I am just too embarrassed to admit it). Our Branch President's wife volunteered to watch the girls for us and last night was the night that worked for both of us. It was really nice. Nothing spectacular, just dinner and some time to have an adult conversation without being interrupted. Oh yeah, and Cold Stone!!!!
When we picked up the girls they were both still awake and happy. It was 9:30 and we got home a little after 10:00. Just like most people in our Branch, they live in the boonies. Did I tell you that? So after a late night, I needed to sleep in. The girls did a little, but not much. Cailyn woke up feeling sick and threw up all over the bathroom(thankfully not the carpet). Jessica needed a nap around 9:30 and so I obliged(with myself doing the same--thank you Cailyn). Then we played and ate lunch and all laid down again. This time is was AT LEAST a 2 hour nap. HOORAY! I feel so refreshed. Naps are heavenly!
I received a comment from my sister-in-law, Rachel, asking where I am lately. So, in response to that I have included a picture of me. Just a head shot for obvious reasons. AND, it was on a date night, again for obvious reasons. I am still here, just not as photogenic as the rest of my family.
Today's Blessing: Our Branch President's family who serve unceasingly and unselfishly.

3 comments:

Sterling & Chelsea said...

Ah, finally a picture of you!! I love it! You look so good!

Waco Gropp said...

Your beautiful to the bone.

Rachel Holloway said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! I am so glad you guys got a night out. You deserved it!