Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dr. Appointment

OK so I know I have already posted today, but I just got back from a Dr visit and it is definitely getting close. I am dilated to .5 centimeter(the Dr. said that was probably left over from the last pregnancy), and my cervix is starting to thin. He said to expect contractions more and more. I don't remember having any before labor with the girls so I am a little nervous about that, because I can't stand contractions(well, who can?). I will have a full exam every time I go back now. Another sign that it is getting close.

Now for the most exciting part of the visit. Two weeks ago, I was weighed and vowed I wouldn't gain another pound. AND, I DIDN'T!! Yeah! The doctor was pleased. I know I can do it and that it isn't a bad thing. HOORAY for success of a goal. Now to pull it off again. I have 2 weeks 'til my next appointment and will have to work hard everyday to keep from gaining. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Brittnee said...

Good luck! It is getting very close. I'm going to be aunt around the same time when my sister gives birth so it's nice to hear you both getting excited.

Jenny and Travis said...

Way to go! I'm trying for the same goal, and have worked out almost every day M-F for the past 3 weeks, so we'll see how successful I've been when I go to my next appointment on Feb. 9th. It's good to hear that you are 8 months pregnant and still able to be very active (because I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep working out like this til the end)--it gives me hope. What have you been doing to keep the wieght off (if I can ask)? Well, good luck for these next 2 weeks! --Jenny

Steven & Adrienne said...

That is exciting that it is getting closer. And don't be scared about the contractions, yeah they are annoying, but just think it is just preparing you to get closer to having that baby. I always have contractions the last 4 weeks before I deliver...annoying though!

And congrats on not gaining weight, that is awesome, because that is when I gain weight is at the end...so tell me your secret!

Cassie and Mark said...

I can't believe how close you're getting! Congrats on no weight gain and good luck over the next 2 weeks!