Sunday, January 18, 2009

Singing beauties

Yesterday, we traveled to Arlington for a birthday party and when we got back the girls played outside for a while. Jason got the camera to capture the moment. I am glad he did, because I haven't taken pictures of the girls for a while. I was surprised we got some smiles from Jessica because she has been CRANKY for days.


The girls started turning the umbrella strollers upside down and sitting in them. I love it, so ingenious and creative. They like to put them in the yard side by side and watch the cars drive by(there are many all day long). There is no need to buy camp chairs their size now.



Our neighbor had a pile of sand delivered to him a couple of springs ago and they put it on the side yard in between our driveways. As you can see, it has grown grass beautifully and the girls call it the "hill". They get up there and sing. It is really cute. Cailyn has been doing it for a while, but Jessica just started because she can now get up and down by herself.
I love that they sing on this "hill". It makes me think of Maria in "The Sound of Music". I get a concert every time we play outside(and many times am invited to join). They are constantly making up their own songs. I guess it runs in the family(Jason writes his own and Da-my Dad-sings almost non-stop songs written off the top of his head).
Today's Blessing: A husband who doesn't mind wrestling an almost 2-year old during church. Thanks Jason!!!!

5 comments:

Brittnee said...

Your girls are getting so big! They are beautiful! I hope I can see them soon.

Jenny and Travis said...

How adorable that they love to sing on the "hill"...soo cute! I wish I could be there to hear them! I'm so glad little Jess is feeling better too! --Jenny

Steven & Adrienne said...

That is adorable. And I never realized how much I loved having Steve help me with the kids during church, until now, aren't husbands great. Now that he is on the stand and I am down by myself...I wish he could be down wrestling with the kids...good thing for great ward members that help me out.

Rachel Holloway said...

aaaah, ah, ah, ahhhhh....I can hear it now! :)

Such cute pics...your fans demand more!! Whre are YOU lately???

Cassie and Mark said...

I can't believe how adorable Jessica is! Cailyn is beautiful too! I'm excited to see pictures of your handsome little boy when he arrives.