Friday, January 30, 2009

A few changes, and a lot of SNOT

Today I guess I was experiencing some nesting because I rearranged our toy/TV room. We spend a lot of time in there and it was driving me crazy with stuff everywhere and bare walls and the like. We had a keyboard in there(on top of an amp) that wasn't plugged in and was just taking up space. I moved that into a closet to make more room for the toys the girls play with. I removed a toy table that the girls never touch, and then proceeded to hang pictures. Jason is quite the artist and I wanted to display his work, but I felt it needed to be in as much of a uniform way as possible. So, in the miscellaneous room it went. I am very proud of what he has done and am glad to have found a place for it.


This is a figurine that Papa(Jason's dad) made. Until now it was kind of hidden on our mantel, but now can be seen in our play/TV room.(I am very pleased with this change)




This is the corner of the play room.




This is above our couch that now displays some of Jason's work.



This is at the end of our hallway. My favorite change for today(even if the pictures of our families are out of date).
For the past 2 nights Cailyn has had a hard time sleeping because she is sick(but when it is time to get up she is ready to play like a normal day--I am sad to say that I don't bounce back from lack of sleep the way she does). She can't breath very well and her eyes are constantly wet with tears. She has run a fever but nothing too serious. However, today while I was working she used an entire box of tissues and 3 rolls of toilet paper. Needless to say, her nose is raw and we are now helping to teach her the most effective way to wipe/blow her nose. I think that we will use less tissue tomorrow.

The trash was emptied this morning, but now is completely full with Cailyn's snotty tissues.
Blessing for January 30, 2009:
Having the energy to get some things done before David Christopher gets here.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

AWESOME CHANGES!!! And way to go for having ENERGY! :) The changes look great--everything in it's place and ready for the new BABY!

Our Story said...

You have to love the nesting phase! Good job!

Sterling & Chelsea said...

It looks great! I bet you are super excited for the newest addition to come!