Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ready or not, here they come

I am at the point right now when I want to find the most secluded spot in the house only big enough for me and just hide there for a couple of days. I just want to turn off my brain and shut down for several hours first to rest, then I would reboot and treat myself to a fantasy vacation. I say fantasy because this would be a vacation that in my mind goes something like this:

First: I would magically be thin enough to look good in a swimsuit. I could eat anything I wanted and not have to be concerned about gaining weight.

I would have an unlimited amount of money to go and do anything I wanted without having to count and save.

I would have people tending me to the point that all I had to do was to wish for something and within a minute it would be served to me.

I could travel the world, seeing everything that I have(or ever could) want to see without getting exhausted. All I would have to do is think of the next place I wanted to go and snap my fingers and *poof* I am there. (this would be very handy because when I got hungry I could snap wherever I wanted to eat and back without really losing time--Dad, start cooking a roast, that is my first meal stop).

I would have a professional photographer with me to take all the pictures. This would be essential because remember I look good in a swimsuit and I would definitely need pictures of that.

This would be a vacation that I never got too tired of and needed to be home, but at the same time would be relaxing enough that I would want to return home after a while and get my family to bring along for the rest of the trip(that is definitely fantasy because who wants to go sight seeing with little children). However, my children would then have the energy they needed to be happy and pleasant the entire time. They would magically eat everything put in front of them and they would show excitement at all the museums and historical sights. Then show great love and appreciation for the opportunity to see and do so many things.

I realize in my state of being this fantasy vacation is probably making life a little harder, but I can't help it. I just need a few days when people are serving me and meeting my every want and need.

My question is, where do you hide when you need a few minutes away from the kids? Am I the only one who does that? Does that make me a terrible mom? I fear that need when I will have 3 little ones screaming for attention.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

OH SISTA! Totally, totally, totally sympathize with ya! As for me, I lock my bedroom door and hide in the closet. :) A few minutes of solitude is nice...if not necessary!! :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

No you are not the only one, every mom feels that way whether they admit it or not. If you find a hiding spot let me know. All I know is when I get so fed up with it all, I just shut my door, and the kids know that Mom needs some alone time to unwind. So they are really good about watching a movie or playing together quietly (something to look forward to with older kids). But for now, just take advantage of nap times and though it may sound bad, disney movies. :) Hang in there, we have all been there many times!