Friday, September 19, 2008

Emotional Times

So I realize that me being pregnant is making my emotions stronger. In some cases that is a really good thing,but that means in other cases it is a REALLY BAD thing too. I have had a couple of really hard days. As I am getting more and more excited about this baby, I am coming to the realization that I won't have my mother here for all of it. I know that I have had a baby before and my body knows what to do. I know that I have a fantabulous husband who is a HUGE help to me ALL the time. I know that I have other loved ones who are willing to help. BUT, there are times in every one's life when they just want their Mom. This is one of them. I want to talk to her about the difficulties of the pregnancy while taking care of other children, because she has been there and can empathize with me. I want to hear her voice and feel the love in her words. I need to hear her tell me that I can do it and feel reassured just because it came from her.
I can already hear the advice from loved ones telling me that she is near and she is giving me reassurance in any way she can. I can hear them saying that time will heal my pain and that she is happy where she is and with what she is doing. I can hear them tell me I will see her again. These are all things that I know, however there are times when I just ache for her presence here. I think there will ALWAYS be times when I want to talk to her.

9 comments:

On Our List said...

Lets be honest, there are just sometimes when we need our mother to be here. I'm sorry...

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh Mindi....I know how tough this must be. I can't even imagine. Having a baby is definitely the time you want your mom close. This is true! If there is ANYTHING I can do I will do it! Seriously...

Waco Gropp said...

I do too my dear.

Andrew said...

Keep your chin up!! We love you!!

Kristi Clinger said...

I can't even imagine what you're going through. You're in my prayers Mindi. Remember she is holding that sweet baby right now until that right time for him/her to come down and join your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. We love you! We miss her too, I know there's no way we can as much as you do, and I'm sorry you are having a tough time now. Call if you need to chat or email if you'd rather.

Jenny and Travis said...

Mindi--
I can almost promise you that your mom is watching over you, as well as your sweet babies, and is sending waves of comfort your way. I know that that's not the same as having her here though, and that a parent's words of comfort are very important. My heart feels for you. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Love, Jenny

Steven & Adrienne said...

All I can say is I am sorry that your mother is not here, I cannot even imagine how hard that would be. Isn't it amazing how much we depend on our mothers, and when they are not there, how much we realize we miss them. I will be praying for you. And I have to tell you, your blog inspires me. In fact on my talk this past Sunday I shared how much we can take for granted our mothers, but how after reading your blog it made me realize how much mothers do for us. Know that I love you. Thanks for your faith, inspiration, courage, strength and mostly your honesty in all your blogs...it helps me more than you will ever know.

Cassie and Mark said...

Everytime I read a post about your mother I cry. I can't even imagine the emptiness and heartache you're feeling. I am so excited for your sweet baby who gets to come to such a wonderful family. We love you Mindi!