Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You're What?

So, I'm not really sure how it happened, but we went to the doctor today and they found something growing inside me. At first we thought there was something in the water, but the doctor suggested it may have been other activities. I'm still leaning toward the water theory, but either way...


WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!


We knew we were pretty far along in our pregnancy, but we had no idea we could be 16 weeks along. We were both surprised. We have been told that the due date for Holloway baby #3 is February 28, 2009.
I have had many mixed emotions about this baby,but after seeing him/her move today and seeing the heart beat, I am feeling more excited. The nurses and doctor were all so happy for us. I guess they had a pretty hard day, because several of them said that we made their day. The head nurse, Lori, is usually pretty good about guessing the gender, but she wasn't sure enough to say what she thought. So, that means you have to wait a month to find out.

Lori asked me how far along I thought I was. I told her," I would guess I am in the 2nd trimester just by the way I am feeling." She giggled saying, "Listen to you, you sound like an old pro."
For those of you wondering, Yes, we have known for a while, but we like to get out of the danger zone (make you think of Top Gun, anyone?) before we like to tell anyone. I would venture to say that we are past that point. I am happy we are too, because the 1st trimester is a booger to me. I am exausted all the time, I can't eat anything(much less cook anything), and most of the time I am throwing up. I went through part of this at Mom and Dad's house while we were recieving food from the Relief Society. You can imagine how that went. I knew that we had moved onto the 2nd trimester when pizza didn't make me gag anymore(that seems to be the worst for me at the beginning). That actually was the first sign for me. We were at Lita and Papa's house(Jason's parents) when Papa made pizza and I couldn't eat it without feeling sick. I was so upset, but that tipped me off. So, no offense Papa, it was the baby not me. Now comes the hard part, trying to not eat EVERYTHING that sounds good to me so I don't gain a ton.
I will be posting regularly with check-ups, so keep watching. I also have a baby tracker so you know how much longer it will be.

13 comments:

Brittnee said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so so so excited for you! We love you guys!

Steven & Adrienne said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats to you guys. And I am glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to see what you are having!!! Three kids are so much fun!

Waco Gropp said...

Ok, so we don't know if this new little person, is Roosavelt Jasper or Rosie June, well either way the person is going to be beautiful. Looking forward to meeting ya - R J Holloway.

David and Anita Holloway said...

Wow!!!!!! What a cool AWESOME SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Congratulations! We will watch the little baby tracker regularly. How fun! Let us know when He or She manifests himself/herself. There's even the possibility the adorable little one could come right on his/her Mommy's birthday! Oh We're so EXCITED!!! So it looks like we won't be there in time to stay with Cailyn and Jessica when you go into labor but we're hoping to come on spring break which is the end of March. Love Lita & Papa

David and Anita Holloway said...

We are thrilled and excited about your pregnancy. This will grandbaby #9 for us with #10 in the oven in Rexburg. No offense with the pizza. It was not the first time someone gagged when they looked at my cooking.

Kathryn Cooper said...

Wow, Congratulations! That is so exciting! I wonder if you'll have a boy this time. I'm glad I'll be able to watch your pregnancy progress but not go through it again myself for awhile. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm really happy for y'all!

Kristi Clinger said...

Congrats! I'm happy for you both.

tina said...

Yippeee!!!! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys. Great people are born in February. :)

On Our List said...

Congrats!!! Bottle up some of your water and send it my way, we have been trying to get pregnant since March and are not. Maybe your water would help...

Love ya!!!

Jenny and Travis said...

Hooray! Thanks for sharing the pics! I can't believe you're already 16 weeks along! Wow! I'm so glad that you're over the yuck stuff of the first trimester though. Question: Is there anything one can do to help with the nausea (or does one just have to grin and bear it)? I'm so amazed at you mom's who were able to finish up school while being pregnant! You're wonderwomen to me!! And, I'm so glad that we're both pregnant at the same time! Love, Jenny

Mary said...

Congratulations! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

Cassie and Mark said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for you!