Thursday, September 25, 2008

Strange Letter

I received a letter in the mail the other day that I thought was really strange. You guys tell me what you think. It was a hand written letter from a lady in Waco. She told me she read of my mother's passing in the newspaper and wanted to share her beliefs for comfort. She shared her testimony of life after death and the resurrection promised through Christ, and sent me a pamphlet about it from her church. I think the weirdest part is that I have no idea who this woman is and she just read my name in the obituary in the paper. She then must have searched for my address. Am I the only one who thinks this is weird? It would be different if I knew her or someone in my family knew her, but we don't. I think I am going to send her a Book of Mormon thanking her for her words of comfort. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me, I agree that it's really weird. That sounds like the right thing to do.
Good luck and let us know if/when you hear back.

Rachel Holloway said...

I totally think you should do that. I would laugh my head off...and wish I were a fly on the wall when she got it! :)

Brittnee said...

Definitely weird, and probably a little creepy too if you are the only one that got one, but the thought was nice. I'd say definitely send the Book of Mormon.

Mary said...

I agree that it's really strange (though sweet) that a total strange wrote you... and I think your idea to send her a book of Mormon is great!

Moore Fun Stories said...

Great idea! I agree with you. That is very odd.

Steven & Adrienne said...

That is a strange letter, and I think your idea is wonderful...who knows what could happen!