Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Swinging beauties

Since we've been having cooler weather(It has been absolutely beautiful--not hitting 90 for at least a week), the girls and I decided we needed to be outside. We went to the park across town. I thought that I would pack a lunch and make it an all morning outing. It was so much fun.
Cailyn would swing all day if I let her, so we started there.


They didn't grow tired of the swings even after about 45 minutes. But, other kids arrived and I thought that they might like to swing so we, reluctantly, found something else to do. We walked around and looked at rocks mostly, trying to keep Jess from eating them.






Sometimes Cailyn looks so big to me-----then she reminds me how little she still is.

"Look Mommy, someone wrote on the wall."
Signs of a fun day at the park!

Cailyn did some sliding, but mostly just looked around. When the other kids left the swings we headed back over there. Their attention span was not nearly as long this time, so we set up our picnic. We found the best ant-free section of shaded grass and laid down our blanket. We enjoyed our lunch, followed by some bubble chasing and finally the girls showed me they were ready to leave.
We came home just in time to lay down for naps(actually Jess fell asleep on the way home). Cailyn refused to nap and is now making poor choices. I guess that is just part of a long day of playing hard, but this morning was worth it.

No comments: