Sunday, September 7, 2008

New hobby

I have recently been checking out some hair blogs and I definitely want to try it. I am now going to try and fix the girls' hair everyday. If not everyday, at least each day we leave the house. I have tried 2 hairstyles on each girl and just love them. I am also going to start making my own bows for them. That way I can make sure that each outfit has a bow to match(don't worry, there will be a lot of duplicates). I think that Cailyn has been pretty happy with the 'hairdos' we have chosen so far. Hopefully that will last a long while. Jessica's hair is getting just long enough that I can fix it, but I have to be a little more creative with her(especially because her attention span is a great deal shorter). I am hoping that this will give me the creative outlet I have been longing for. I also enjoy the conversations I have had while fixing Cailyn's hair the past several days. I will try to post pictures every now and again with some of my favorites. Here are a few from the beginning. With any luck, I will get better.






If you refer to the previous post you will see a couple other ones. Cailyn's hair while cleaning the church was a "zig zag ten braid"(a ten braid is something that Lita introduced to us, thank you). I will take a better picture of that one the next time we do it.
I have some links on my side bar now, so if you are interested in looking they are there. I know that most of you with little ones are way more creative than I am, but in case you need a little help check out the links.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I love those sites! I almost wish Jenna didn't have SO MUCH hair because it really poses a problem sometimes. I have broken many ponytail holders lately. :)

Glad you see you've found a new hobby. I can't think of a cooler one to start with than this!

Oh...Brandon and I were talking today and we think you guys should come here for Christmas...or Valentines Day...or Easter...or National March vacation week...

please come see us...we are desperate for some Texas Holloway Time...

call us...tonight...if you have time. We would love to chat!

Jenny and Travis said...

Super cute! Glad you found a new hobby that you enjoy! And props to you for having the patience to do it (I was looking at some of the websites and thinking "I totally lack the patience for this!"). Can't wait to see the other ones you try out! --Jenny