Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

As I think about this day 7 years ago, I remember the fear and horror I felt as I watched the news. I was doing my student teaching at Hewitt Elementary, teaching a second grade music class when the teacher came in and told me off to the side. I was shocked. I remember watching footage on the news that looked like something off a movie. It didn't seem possible that someone could do that to innocent people. I still can't believe that there is that much hate in some one's heart. I think that I will always be able to transport to that classroom and be there to experience it all over again remembering how it felt to see all that destruction. I feel for the families who lost loved ones in those buildings, planes, and the service men trying desperately to save lives. My heart still goes to them as they are reminded each year of that tragic day. I pray that we will all have the strength to overcome that kind of evil that will always be present in our days. I pray that we will be able to stand boldly for the truth and righteousness that will also always be present in our days.

My good friend Noelle was visiting her sister in Manhattan at that time, and I was so worried about her. I wondered what it must be like to be there and see it all first hand. She made it home safely, having to drive across the country by herself in a rental car.

Today's hairdos:


Can you tell that Jess' hair is in little buns.

I am going to try this several times. I am not completely happy with how this turned out, but it will get better with time. I will perfect my twist braid.

3 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

You must have the two most patient little girls to let you experiement like that everyday. How Fun!

Cassie and Mark said...

I am so impressed! I love the new hair do's!

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey, way to be patriotic with your blog!! :)

Thanks for your memoire. Isn't it amazing how such tragedy really does take us back in time?!

And cute hair! I think you REALLY need to come in October so you can play with Jenna's hair and teach me some stuff. How's the persuading Jason going??? We are DYING to see you guys!