Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rice Crispy Disaster

I don't know why, but I don't have the ability to make Rice Crispy Treats. I have had some successes, but not nearly as many as my failures. Something must be wrong with that part of my "mommy brain". I know what most of you are thinking, "how can you mess up rice crispy treats?" But, it is a lot easier to mess up than you might think. Mine are either too gooey or too hard. However this time this is what happened.



First I used the microwave method to heat the mallows and butter, that didn't work. Next(with the remaining mallows in the bag I cooked them on the stove top. The result is what you see in the picture above. Jason, in his attempt to comfort, tells me they must have been bum marshmallows. Needless to say, we haven't enjoyed this tasty treat lately.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

When you're here, we;ll make these nightly! Brandon is a PRO!

jmholloway said...

Are you trying to say that even Brandon can do it, why can't I? jk

Mindi :)